...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving On... ???

So this year has flown by so fast! It is crazy that I finished my first year in COLLEGE! Wooh .... but since this past semester started I had this feeling that this is not what I need and I was looking for something... I did not know what, but I felt uneasy about where I was and where life was leading me! I applied to GCU just for the fun of it, got accepted and thought nothing else of it! But after my finals and my freshman year ended, I realized that I did not fit in there. Nothing was working out for me down there, I could not enroll into any classes, they were all full, I did not know where to live everything went away and nothing was going right. I also did not feel excepted in the YoungLife down there or in the interest group... yes I was accepted but those where not me! If any of you are reading this... none of this has anything to do with or anything this is my personal choice and I need to do what is best for me and keep true to myself! I love U of A and I always will, my heart will belong to it. But there are so many opportunities that are open for me at GCU, and YoungLife which I am soooo excited for!

Since I have not updated this in a while ... not much other than changing colleges nothing is going on in my life! I am just getting things squared away and all the details ready and put in place. This is a great experience because I am trusting God sooo much more, I talk and ask so much more from him than ever before. I got this great idea from a book I have been reading.. the Last Song, about a way to talk to God! The character just explains to talk to him like you are talking to a friend (which is true since he is a friend). and even though he knows everything about your life, he wants to hear it from you and just wants to know what is going on in your life! So this has opened my eyes up so much more! I am more willing to talk to him and just tell him about my day more than ever before!

This is a quote I recently found..."God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them."
~Stanley Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment