...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lost Canyon 2011

This past week I had the privilege of taking some girls to camp. It was one of my hardest but yet most rewarding weeks of my life. I have been to camp a number of times as a camper and as a leader. But none of those times have ever felt like a true leader. Well this year I actually did feel like one. Those girls in my cabin became apart of my life. Some of the girls stories that they shared with me, really broke my heart to hear of all the hardships and troubles that they have experienced and at a young age. I truly believe that this past week has changed me for the better. I came back with a greater understanding and love for life, ministry, my family, and my brokenness. I feel that God is doing some amazing things through me, like I am actually learning how to forgive and love everyone (even those who have hurt me). Hearing those girls stories just made my heart ache for my brother who is just a year younger than a few of those girls, in which made me realize how the world is affecting kids at a younger and younger age. But overall camp was great and I am so happy that I got to be apart of.

During camp, there is a moment where we sit for fifteen minutes. Now this time is with us and God in which we can do whatever we choose. So during my time, I reflected this past year and seeing all the changes and paths that God has put me on. For instance, randomly changing schools during summer, meeting and being in a great community of friends, going back into ministry and last but certainly not least my walk with Christ. When I thought about all the great things that have happened in the past year, it just boggles my mind to see how quickly everything can change overnight. So I am excited what is in store for me this upcoming year. Also the camp singer, Ryan Long was amazing. He shared some stories about his life, that I just connected with and I felt blessed to connect with him and learn how he overcame those obstacles. Also his music just stuck with me and I really connected to the lyrics.

I just feel really blessed and on fire for God. I have not felt this strongly coming back from camp since my first camp experience. I feel like I am being trained to lead and I am actually learning how to do it properly also. Now upcoming this summer, I am excited… I get to serve at Lost Canyon for three weeks and with some pretty cool people I might as well add. So I am ready for the summer and ready for this upcoming year, and I am actually ready for what is in store for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment