...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Never say NEVER


So this summer is coming to a close, and I can say that it was a great one! I have done and experienced so many different things; and to think that it is not quite yet over. For me. my summer began just being at home relaxing and working everyday. Which was not bad because I still feel I had a summer (well kind of). But it allowed me to get to know and hang out with some pretty cool girls at work. They made going to work so fun and enjoyable. So a couple weeks passed and I got the opportunity to take some high schoolers to Lost Canyon for the best week of their lives and share Jesus with them. That week, our cabin full of girls just bonded and got super close. I love each and every one of them, and I am so excited to lead them these next few years and really reach and poor into them. After I came back from having a ball with the high schoolers.





I went back to work for a few weeks.... During these few weeks I was spending some much needed time with my family, getting ready for what is to come, and just hanging out with some pretty awesome friends. Then June 8th came around, and I got to get away for a little vacation back to Lost Canyon and work for the lord and just meet and serve some pretty awesome campers. These three weeks, blew me away I was astonished about how close I felt with God and how he placed some AMAZING people into my life. Who knew in three weeks I could bond and grow in a community with people that opened me up. This was most definitely the highlight of my summer. It was well worth the three weeks I lost in work/ pay. And most definitely worth leaving the Phoenix heat for a little while.






I came back and had to deal with the 'real life' of working again. But yet when I was getting sad at the fact I had to go back to work, God put those wonderful ladies at work back into my life and they helped me out so much. We even got the opportunity to have a little bonding with a sleep over! Who knew that work friends could actually be more than just at work? So now here it is the last week of July, and I am preparing for the upcoming school year, buying furniture and things for my very first apartment, and still enjoying every bit of the summer. I wanted to share a few pictures of what I got to experience this summer. Yes, I know that my summer was not filled with all these trips to different countries or anything spectacular but it was filled with love and friends and that is what made this summer so great and extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment